I had braces when I was 14 years old and dreaded them. The tightening, broken wires, sensitive bite, annoying rubber bands, etc. For those of us who remember our experience with braces, I can guarantee that the happiest day was when we finally got them taken off! Everything was still in place until ten years later when I noticed some of my teeth were shifting again. I was frustrated because I wanted to have straight teeth but did not want to make that several-year commitment to painful braces again.
I finally decided to consult my BrightSmile dentist and look into my options. That was when she recommended Invisalign. I had heard about Invisalign before, but it all sounded too good to be true until she showed me how it worked. I wore them for only six months, and they corrected my teeth. Everything was perfectly back in place, and I could not be happier.
If you are looking into correcting your smile, here are some key points to know about Invisalign and braces:
Pros of Invisalign:
- It can’t be seen when worn
- It can be taken out when you are eating
- More accessible to brush and floss
- More comfortable to wear
- Fewer consultations required
- Corrects tooth alignment faster than braces
Cons of Invisalign:
- Patients must be responsible and adhere to the schedule in which Invisalign needs to be worn.
- It can be inconvenient to take out and can easily be misplaced
- More expensive than braces
- Not recommended for all orthodontic cases
Pros of braces:
- Suitable for all treatments. It does not matter how severe the case is; braces can be customized to fit each patient.
- Can achieve a more accurate result than Invisalign
Con’s of braces:
- Brushing and flossing are more challenging, and tartar buildup can occur
- Diet and food preparation
- Broken brackets
- More consultations required
Our dentists at BrightSmile understand that undergoing orthodontic treatments, such as getting braces, is a big financial and lifestyle commitment. This is why we educate our patients first on the severity of their case and which services would offer the best results. Want to schedule a consultation? Email us now at email@example.com or call +63 920 948 3561.