Most people think that orthodontics are primarily for teenagers. They’re right, in most cases. Braces and orthodontic appliances are often best used for permanent teeth that have just finished appearing.
But this is treating a problem after it’s occurred. What about preventing orthodontic problems in the first place?
This is where Myobrace comes in.
What Is Myobrace?
Myobrace is a preventive orthodontic treatment. It addresses the underlying causes of crooked teeth. It helps guide the growth and development of the teeth and jaws. Myobrace does this by using a series of removable intra-oral appliances that are similar to Invisalign.
Children wear the appliances 1-2 hours a day. They also wear it overnight as they sleep.
Myobrace is intended for children 3-15 years of age. This is the stage before and during the appearance of their permanent adult teeth.
How Does Myobrace Work?
Poor oral habits can lead to many health and developmental issues in children. The Myobrace system corrects problems such as:
- Mouth breathing
- Not resting the tongue on the roof of the mouth
- Swallowing incorrectly
It also helps to widen the jaw as it grows. A wide jaw allows teeth to properly crown through the gums. This removes the need for extractions in the future.
Myobraces have four stages of treatment:
- Habit Correction: Getting children to breathe through their nose. Another is teaching them to rest their tongue properly.
- Arch Development: Allowing proper space for the teeth and tongue by widening the jaws.
- Dental Alignment: Teeth will be better aligned as they grow with proper use of Myobrace. Orthodontics may still be required, but for much shorter periods.
- Retention: Keep the mouth in the desired position.
These stages guide the child’s oral health development into a healthy, functional mouth. They prevent the need for expensive and uncomfortable orthodontic appliances in the future. Also, they prevent developmental problems associated with poor oral habits.
Visit BrightSmile Avenue for your kid’s orthodontic needs. Email us at email@example.com.